GUARANTEE AND PET INSURANCE
We offer a thirty-six months guarantee plus 6 weeks of Pet Health Insurance!
We issue PetPuppy Health Insurance Vouchers to our new puppy owners this gives you peace of mind and immediate coverage for your new puppy. This pet health insurance voucher offers new puppy owners 6 weeks insurance coverage: $1000.00 for veterinary fees for illnesses or accidents. This coverage will pay 80% of the cost of any covered veterinary treatment up to $1000.00. Condition may vary.
(Sorry Pet Plus coverage valid in Canada only US buyers can contact me for TRUPANION puppy insurance coverage information, most vet provide 8 weeks coverage for free)
As conscientious breeders we try our best to breed from sound dogs and raise our puppies in the best conditions. Reasonable precautions have been taken to prevent our puppies from acquiring these hereditary diseases. As you know genetics are such we cannot predict if a puppy will develop a genetic abnormality. Add to this, environmental factors such as the food, the excessive exercise or lack of, unsupervised play with a bigger dog, playing fetch on slippery floors all elements out of our/your control that can ruin hips and elbows in a dog. When it comes to cancers Over vaccination and the use of chemicals in the house or the heart and flea medications your vet recommends can cause cancers and/or allergies. We do offer a guarantee if your pet dies of "natural causes" before the age of three years old but since it has not been proven that many canine diseases, are strictly hereditary and environment plays a part in their occurrences we have set limits. As a pet owner it is your responsibility to provide a safe environment, feed a quality food and provide proper exercise for his age. Staying in a cage all day and night long is not good. The recent discoveries at U. C. Davis are a real eye opener for breeders and owners. The research team reviewed the records of female and male golden retrievers, ranging in age from 1 to 8 years, that had been examined at U.C. Davisí DR William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital for two joint disorders and three cancers: hip dysplasia, cranial cruciate ligament tear, lymphosarcoma, hemangiosarcoma and mast cell tumor. The dogs were classified as intact (not neutered), neutered early (before 12 months age), or neutered late (at or after 12 months age). In Golden Retrievers the effects of early spay prior to the end of growing increases hips and elbows problems by 100%, can cause cancers and ligament problems(CLT).
I want owners to be fully aware that there will be no neutering of one of our puppies until they reach 18 months of age. If you choose to do so it is your responsibility if problems then arise prior to three. We will not guarantee your puppy if you neuter him/her prior to this age.
Although we offer a guarantee there are certain things that our guarantee does not cover, so we STRONGLY recommend you get and/or continue with a Pet Insurance plan.
Accidents do happen and if your dog rips his ligaments running or swallows a foreign object, he might require surgery which can cost more than $6,000.00. I can list many other incidents but I hope that as your dog's guardian you will prepare yourself for such things by signing up with a pet insurance broker for the first year or two of your dogs life.
Some plans cost as little as $15.00 a month. Please visit these links after you have read our guarantee.
Diseases such as epilepsy and allergies:
To the best of our knowledge there is no history of epilepsy in the lines we have at the moment. If a problem is brought to our attention by the owners we look at the pedigrees to find the common dog in the background so that the problem can be prevented in future breeding.These two diseases are not things we can test the sire and dam for prior to breeding. Unfortunately the hereditary and environmental causes (such as vaccines), can trigger these diseases, sources are not perfectly known and no guarantee can be given against their occurrence.
The following are the main features of our contract:
- The registration is given under the terms of the Canadian Kennel Club non-breeding agreement (form 201) which the buyer agrees to sign and comply with. The validity and interpretation of this Agreement and each clause and part therefore shall be governed by the Law of the Province of Ontario, and if any provision of this Agreement shall be found to be deemed illegal or invalid, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
Hip and elbow dysplasia:
- The dog to be in good health at the time of sale and free of contagious or otherwise harmful disease. The puppy will be examined by a qualified vet at Allandale Veterinary Hospital. They check for things such as heart murmurs, hernias, teeth occlusion and bite, weight, fecal examination,they make sure the eyes are clear and healthy and that the puppy doesn't have parasites. The said dog will be replaced as soon as practicable, if within 72 hours from the time of sale the dog is found to be congenitally defective by a qualified veterinarian and the said veterinarian issues a certificate to this effect.
NOTICE***These costs shall be paid by the buyer of the said dog.
The dog to be of good temperament at the time of sale, to have been socialized with people and with other dogs and cats. By signing this agreement, you hereby acknowledge that the training, home environment and personal experiences of your puppy are its dominant developmental influences and you are solely responsible for ensuring that your puppy is properly trained, despite any assistance or advice we provide to you regarding training. You hereby release us along with all of our employees, affiliated entities, for any damages arising out of the training of your puppy.
- The dog has received all immunizations for its age and has been de-wormed at 2-4-6 and 8 weeks. A fecal test is performed prior to the puppy leaving our kennel.
- If the dog is sold as "show" quality that it is free of all disqualifying faults at the time of sale.
- In the event a "show quality" dog develops a show-disqualifying fault due to genetic reasons, said dog will be considered as a pet quality dog. The difference in cost would then be accredited to the purchase price of the next show quality dog.
This guarantee applies only to the original buyer.
We have over ten generations of cleared hips in our pedigrees.
- We have started doing elbows in 1999. And will continue to test for elbows and hips to ensure that genetically when a dog is properly fed and exercise the chances that he develops the problem are minimal.
If you think he has the disease you must:
- Have his hips x-rayed by your vet please view link: "hips" on how a good hip x-ray looks like. Not all vets take good ones.
- To have impartiality a recognized authority such as the Orthopaedic Foundation in the USA or BVA in the UK.
- N.B. The dogs registered name and CKC number or microchip must be clearly identified on the x-ray and hips certification.
- We will, at our discretion and if the dog is found to have hip dysplasia to such a degree (3rd degree+), which would cause the dog to undergo corrective surgery, either refund 60% of the purchase price to assist with any further veterinary expenses incurred due to the disease or replace the dog as soon as a suitable replacement becomes available.
- All costs are to be assumed by the purchaser(s). The guarantee will apply for 36 months from date of birth, and only if the dog was never bred or injured and upon certified evidence from a qualified veterinarian that the defective dog has been spayed or neutered. Blackpool Reg'd Kennel will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the buyer of the said dog in any type of medical treatment.
- Blackpool kennels reserves the right to refund deposits or payments before the pup is signed over to new owners.
Pet Buyer Agrees:
- To take two or more sets of puppy classes and then obedience classes in the first two years of the pups' life.
- To keep the dog in good condition with the proper care, exercise and training for a dog of its size and breed and to feed only quality dog food.
- To ensure that the dog does not roam freely.
- To spay pet quality females dogs at 18 months old. (You can choose to do OSS _Ovary Sparing Spay at 6 months) Male dogs are not to be neutered until they turn 2 years old when growth is finally done.( You can choose to do a vacectomy at an earlier age) Please send proof of this to the breeder and talk to us about your choices if the dogs comes up with health issues.****Note: Proof of this must be sent to us and the vet must include microchip number on his receipt.We need to ensure which dog was enutered and at what age.
Failure to do so will void all health guarantees.
- We believe that the longer you wait to spay the better it is for the dogs health, also please do not over vaccinate. Please do Titers to verify if your dog still has immunity after two years of vaccines.
- To return the dog to the breeder if no longer wanted. The breeder must have first been notified prior to sending the dog to another home.
If the puppy is returned in a clean, healthy condition within the first four months because of allergies, family breakdown, relocating or for any other reason the purchaser will receive a refund of 50% of the purchase price. The Canadian Kennel Club registration papers must be returned and ownership must be signed over to us.
- To stay in contact and send pictures of the puppy.
Show Buyer Agrees:
- To keep the dog in good condition with the proper care, exercise and training for a dog of its size and breed.
- That the dog purchased as a "show quality " dog be shown to its Canadian or USA show championship and certified (OVC, OFA) to be clear of any hip, elbow, eye, heart and thyroid problems prior to being bred.
- To uphold good breeding practices, to breed only too good specimens of the breed, to screen potential puppy buyers and to provide the best of care.
- That no animals are sold through brokers or pet shops.
- Notice we occasionally have an adult that has cleared every health test available to breeders. They are sold on full ownership for $3000.00 US plus/or individual conditions. (ex: Cost of puppy/puppies back when bred or show/obedience titles might reduce the price)
For further information please contact us.
Darryl and Michele
for more information or our mailing address, directions and shipping guidelines e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org